It is easy to be shallow when talking about forgiveness. But when something really bad happens to you, the real questions hit you. For example, "Does forgiveness mean I forget what they did?" "Does forgiveness mean they get away with it?" This Bible study addresses those and other very real questions.
Length: Approximately 2 hours in a group setting
- Help participants define forgiveness and how to live with people they have forgiven.
- Help participants identify what God has forgiven them of and why they should want to be regularly reminded of their sins and God’s forgiveness.
- Identify the means by which God is able to forgive, how He imparts forgiveness on us, and why knowing His forgiveness helps us forgive others.
- Give participants God’s expectations for how and when we should forgive others.
- Deal honestly with the difficulty of forgiving some sins/people.
- Answer whether or not we should forgive and forget, or just forgive.
Includes: General leader instructions for leading Bible studies, a specific leader guide and answer key, and a participant worksheet. All are printable PDFs and multiple copies may be printed from one download.