Work-life balance. It is a thing, but what does God have to say about working and resting?
Length: Approximately 3 hours in a group setting
- Identify the Third Commandment
- Point out that for us to rest, we must have done something to warrant resting from it
- Convince participants that God really does want them to rest and work, and the benefits and goodness of both.
- Help participants identify specific ways that they can and should be resting or working.
- Help participants identify if their work/rest ratio is like God and His commandment and make adjustments if necessary.
- Identify that the Third commandment is not just about physical rest, but more importantly, spiritual rest (rest found in heaven through faith).
- Help participants identify how they are engaging with God’s Word and how to do so more diligently if needed.
- Help expand the participants’ definition of engaging with God’s Word from “read the Bible” to include the many other ways we can engage with God’s Word.
Includes: General leader instructions for leading Bible studies, a specific leader guide and answer key, and a participant worksheet. All are printable PDFs and multiple copies may be printed from one download.